1. Going to the video store when you felt like watching something.
And trying to figure out which cover to take to the counter.
2. Having to rewind the entire film on VHS before being able to watch it.
“Be kind, rewind!” was your mantra.
3. Having to put in a second tape to watch the second half of the movie.
4. And the feeling of helplessness when the tape was irreparably damaged.
This is painful.
5. Sacrificing the internet when someone wanted to make a phone call.
And always playing solitaire or pinball in the meantime.
6. Groaning whenever you heard the dial-up tone.
“NEEE NENEE NAAA NEEE”
7. And knowing someone in the house could always be listening in on your calls.
Page 1 of 3