1. Top Gun was the BIGGEST movie of the year, while Aliens and Crocodile Dundee were among the top 10 movies of the year.
Plus, for better or worse, thanks to Top Gun, the quote “I feel the need, the need for speed” entered our lexicon.
2. While the big teen movies were Pretty in Pink and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
3. David Bowie portrayed Jareth the Goblin King in the cult-classic Labyrinth.
And forever engraving an image of his bulge into our minds.
4. Mark Harmon was named People magazine’s “Sexist Man Alive.”
And you probably know him today from that show that your dad watches, NCIS.
5. A 20-year-old Mike Tyson became the youngest heavyweight champion ever after knocking out Trevor Berbick.
6. The Iran–Contra scandal…
Cliff Notes version: President Reagan was suspected of knowing/authorizing
the illegal sale of firearms to Iran in exchange for the release of seven American hostages being held by Iranian terrorists in Lebanon.
Page 1 of 5