1. When the ghost of King Ramses appeared on Courage the Cowardly Dog and demanded his slab back.
“Honestly? The majority of Courage the Cowardly Dog. But the scariest episode to me is when Eustace steals the Egyptian slab. It still creeps me out because that pharaoh shows up in the yard and is all like, ‘Return the slab, return the slab, or suffer the consequences.’ And then the locust and that creepy record!” —Samantha Moore, Facebook
2. Everything about Slappy the Dummy on Goosebumps.
“Slappy the dummy from Goosebumps!!! He scared the hell out of me when I was little. His laugh and even just his voice gave me nightmares.” —Bree Morgan, Facebook
3. When the purple slime monster doll, Gooey Gus, showed up on Ghostwriter.
“The ‘Attack of the Slime Monster’ episode of Ghostwriter. Dolls that move on their own always freaked me out and Gooey Gus’ melting face was terrifying.” —Sarah Cohen, Facebook
4. When Nosferatu flicks the lights on and off on SpongeBob SquarePants.
“Definitely the ‘Graveyard Shift’ episode of SpongeBob. The story Squidward told about the Hash-Slinging Slasher was scary enough, but at the very end when they flashed a clip of Nosferatu flickering the lights I would sprint the hell away from the TV. Good times.” —justineh439e13e5f, Buzzfeed
5. When the evil ghost comes out of the pool in “The Tale of the Dead Man’s Float” episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?
“Season 5, Episode 1 of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, ‘The Tale of the Dead Man’s Float.’ That creepy, red zombie, ghost thing pops out of the water, YIKES!!! I love horror, but that episode of that KIDS show still gets me!” —kdrapes, Buzzfeed
6. When Sister Bear sees a green-eyed monster version of herself on the Berenstain Bears.
“There was this one episode of the Berenstain Bears where Sister Bear got jealous and this green version of herself appeared to personify her jealousy and it was scary as heck!” —adaira, Buzzfeed