1. First things first: If we assume the film is set in a French village, how come Lumière is the only character with a French accent?
2. OK. It’s quite obvious that Beast is a tyrant and an asshole. But…did the fairy really need to place a curse on him and EVERYONE ELSE IN THE PALACE? Isn’t that a bit extra?
In other words: If he was a despot and a spoiled brat, he probably treated everyone working with him horribly. So why are they getting punished? What evil could little Chip have done to deserve it?
3. By the way… What kind of prince PERSONALLY opens the doors of his palace every time someone calls at ungodly hours begging for shelter?
Isn’t there a housekeeper in your kingdom, Beast?
4. And doesn’t this prince have a family? Like parents or something?
Let’s do the numbers: The prince, once he became Beast, was supposed to have until age 21 to break the curse cast upon him.
When Belle shows up, Lumière says that “10 years have gone by” since the old lady came to the castle door with the “Rose or death” game. Are you telling me that he’s been cursed since he was 11 years old? Where were his parents went all that happened? On a beach holiday?
5. Isn’t this guy a little too happy considering the day he’s having?
And who gave him that hat?
6. How is it possible for this guy to keep his bookstore running if everyone in the town says that Belle is the only person who reads books and that’s why they consider her “the weirdo”?
Belle is his only customer.
7. Another thing: Belle’s favourite book (the one she’s read 12 million times) says: “Here’s where she meets Prince Charming / But she won’t discover that it’s him / ‘Til Chapter 3.” DIDN’T THAT GIVE HER A SPOILER?
Let’s see: Are you reading Beauty and the Beast, Belle?