1. Disney originally wanted the role of Hannah to go to JoJo, but she turned it down because she didn't want "to be a manufactured artist."
2. Hannah Montana was originally named “Alexis Texas,” but because a porn star shares the same name, they were afraid children would Google the name and find the porn star instead.
3. Miley admitted that she was likely the lowest paid actor on the show despite being the star.
4. Miley auditioned to play Hannah's best friend, Lilly, but they wanted her to come back and audition as Hannah.
5. Miley’s character was originally named Kylie, but because Billy Ray accidentally kept saying “Miley” while filming, it was changed to avoid confusion.
6. Jason Earles (who played Miley's 16-year-old brother, Jackson, on the show) was 29 when the series began and was 34 when it ended.
7. According to Earles, the entire casting process for Hannah Montana took a total of 6 years.
8. Miley told Marie Claire that she first got her period while shooting the show. Despite feeling embarrassed, she couldn’t leave the set.
9. Miley also told them that she worked 12-hour days and got coffee jammed down her throat to wake her up.
10. When Miley first flew out to California for an in-person audition, she said a bird pooped on her head and she spilled Dr Pepper on herself before going in.
11. In her book, Miles to Go, Miley says one of the other finalists to audition for Hannah was Taylor Momsen.
12. Mitchel Musso, who played Oliver, says it wasn't until eight months after shooting the pilot that the cast found out Disney wanted to pick it up as a series.
13. Miley performed a concert for the pilot at Glendale Centre Theatre in front of a crowd of people who had no idea what Hannah Montana was — because it hadn't aired yet.
14. Miley also wore braces in the eight months before being called back to film more episodes. She was told to remove them and, instead, was given a retainer with fake teeth to fill out the gaps while her adult teeth grew in.
15. Mitchell and Miley became instant best friends on set, but Miley and Emily struggled with feelings of competitiveness and jealously.
Page 1 of 2